The Buffalo Niagara Partnership serves as the lead economic development entity and regional chamber of commerce for the eight westernmost counties of New York State. Founded in 1993 with the amalgamation of the Greater Buffalo Development Foundation and the Greater Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, the Partnership includes thousands of member investors working together to achieve lasting growth of private jobs and investment in the Buffalo Niagara region.
The Partnership applies its expertise@work– it’s unique, nimble, and powerful problem solving capability derived from the combined experience, relationship, and intellectual clout of member investors, staff, and consultants – to regional economic development opportunities.
We also leverage our expertise@work across our three core competencies – advocacy, business development, and convening Buffalo Niagara’s business leaders – to generate value for our member investors:
- Advocacy: policy actions at all levels of government on behalf of regional employers and issues
- Business Development: targeted work and tools to help employers expand and to increase regional growth
- Convening: bringing together business leaders and organizations to learn, build consensus and address issues
Moving forward, our priorities to maximize private investment and jobs in Buffalo Niagara include:
- Building Buffalo Niagara’s workforce of the future
- Embracing our Canadian neighbors and bi-national location
- Growing regional green and renewable energy opportunities
- Maximizing the impact of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Regional Economic Development Councils and “Buffalo $1 Billion” pledge
- Facilitating smart growth in our urban core via the Buffalo Building Reuse Project
- Collaborating to establish an Academic Health Center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
Learn more online at www.thepartnership.org